Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Eve


Chicken quarters, my favourite part of a chicken, were browned deeply in olive oil and its own fats. After flipping once I added a few crushed garlic cloves, sage, and thyme with a decent amount of butter. I then basted the chicken with the seasoned butter and left the garlic, sage, and thyme land where it did on the chicken. I then transferred the chicken to my oven at 300 degrees.

We made some risotto with bacon, wine, and chicken stock I made the day before.

The carrots were steamed and from my garden. They were finished in a bit of butter, salt and pepper, and some fresh basil from the garden.

I drained off some of the fat from the cast iron pan the chicken was cooked in. Removed the herbs but squeezed the soft garlic out of skin and crushed that with some chicken stock and let reduce for a sauce.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

did you know that food inspection agencies in Europe up until just recently checked for the attractiveness of produce. meaning a farmer could not sell a misshapen carrot to any kind of food distributor. I heart misshapen carrots.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandy said...

where have you been. I've missed you on isj