Monday, September 15, 2008

A tasty dinner from prep to clean in an hour


Stir fry in no time is pretty easy. For mine, I put some oil in a small sauce pan and let that infuse with garlic, ginger, star anise, and a hot pepper. While that was happening on low heat I started to cut up my veggies, pounded my meat flat with a tenderizer, mixed some corn starch with cold water, and then got out my sauces/flavourings. The items from left to right, front to back are: Si Racha hot sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, 5 spice, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce. Some plain sugar and corn starch/water are off to the right.

Here is the oil infusing :High heat. It's a stir FRY , not a stir steam. I hit the wok with the tenderized beef and veggies at the same time on high heat and stirred like crazy, only to stop for this picture.
I didn't add all of those things from the counter until the very end and then serve with rice or noodles. My dish had rice.

No comments: