Saturday, August 9, 2008

Burgerz

I love a good burger. In fact, a burger is probably in my top 10 favourite foods. The mixture of ground meat (taking normally tough cuts of meat and grinding them makes them tender and mixes the tasty fats evenly throughout the meat), searing heat, seasoning, and toppings just works well with my mouth and tummy. Yesterday I picked up 12 ounces of medium ground beef from Dean's Meats in the City Market and made two patties. I cooked these on a cast iron griddle on my small charcoal grill. It's like a big Weber but smaller. I actually set it up on top of the grill of the Weber. I used the cast iron griddle to avoid any flare ups that would have occurred due to the beef being medium ground as it contains a decent amount of fat. Here are a couple pics of the tasty treat:


No comments: