Monday, July 28, 2008

Lobstah Chowdah


Today's dinner was some lobster chowder inspired by Michael Smith's Chef at Home. I started in a pot with pancetta (still the same slice from last entry's dish) and I rendered that down with a tiny bit of butter and olive oil to start things off. I then added onion, garlic, and celery and sweated these vegetables for several minutes. I then added in two bay leaves, a couple sprigs of summer savoury and thyme from the patio. I added fresh cream and milk from Cedar Lane Farm Authentic Foods. The cow these products came from is grass-fed and naturally raised and the products are not pasteurized. Two small potatoes were diced up and thrown in as well. Some juice from the canned lobster and pepper were added. At the very end I added the lobster meat to just heat up and topped with some parsley from the patio and some fresh pepper. It was a simple dish and I've never known myself to be a chowder eater but inspired by Chef at Home I knew I could put something together that was tasty.

No comments: